The Certificate Program in Narrative Health Coaching is a 100-hour program designed to train health professionals to identify, understand and utilize the skills and core competencies of Narrative Health Coaching. Offered live or online, our program offers a developmental, balanced and inclusive approach that increases wellness and creates sustainable change in the lives of our coaches and their clients.
The unique skills of Narrative Health Coaching invite practitioners to design and build powerful coaching strategies that engage clients in effective transformative development and skill mastery. Our graduates increase professional and personal fulfillment by integrating Narrative Healing in a manner that increases resilience, honoring ourselves and the clients we serve. The complete program consists of two components: Coursework and the Clinical Mentorship.
Consisting of four modular classes totaling 70 hours of coursework, this program engages professionals through our innovative approach to health coaching. Classes consists of four 2-hour live sessions online with weekly reading assignments and online discussions that support ongoing skill mastery and an increasingly strong learning community. All live and online materials are available in our online portal.
The goal of our curriculum is to increasingly foster the healing capacity of our coaches by skillfully promoting increased reflectivity and self-responsibility.
As each one of us reaffirms our natural healing resources, our healing presence grows.
What I find to be new and different about Narrative Health Coaching is that it’s not solely co-active coaching. It’s not just a conglomeration of “what” and “how” questions; it’s much broader and offers more of a dynamic session. I love designing a healing topic along with program objectives and growth practices. ~ Debra McGinley, Current Student
The Certificate Program in Narrative Health Coaching has qualified to become an Approved Transition Program per the National Consortium for Credentialing Health & Wellness Coaches (NCCHWC.org)
Our innovative approach to coaching and healing is an opportunity for certified coaches and licensed health professionals to refine their skills and improve the impact of your work with clients. Our weekly online classes are designed with busy professionals in mind-high quality content, 24 hour access, a strong learning community and continuing education credit.
Incorporating the power of “story”, Narrative Health Coaching engages the whole person – body, mind, heart, soul and spirit – by increasing awareness, motivating change and encouraging healing. Foundations in Narrative Health Coaching initiates these ongoing processes:
- Enhancing your healing presence through self-awareness
- Establishing and nurturing trust and intimacy through presence and active listening
- Developing and carrying out a coaching plan that identifies a healing topic tailored for the client
- Sitting more comfortably with your client’s healing narrative by engaging your own
- Recognizing and working the challenges and impact of resistance
- Move From an Illness to a Wellness Narrative
- Understand, Manage and Find Meaning in Our Story
- Deepen Awareness of your healing story
- Develop a unique skill for working with clients
- Increase your ability to ask powerful questions
- Deepen your understanding of client perspectives, better helping clients gain awareness
- Become more skillful at creating practice designs that challenge clients to make lasting change
- Join a community of practitioners committed to supporting each other’s learning
“The material is enlightening, thought provoking, and very useful for me personally and as a professional coach. There are elements here that I have not been introduced to before that put some pieces together for me. I am motivated to learn more and would definitely recommend this class to others.”
– Rebecca Johns CPCC, CTPC